Simulation, whether in its simplest or most complex forms, is recognized around the world for being able to:
- Provide a safe environment for learning and practicing skills, where the real environment is too high-risk.
- Reduce training costs, where the use of real materials is prohibitive.
- Accelerate learning transfer through making abstract principles concrete, and providing the capability to replicate a training activity exactly time after time.
- Provide learners and trainers with real-time feedback and a mechanism for debriefing the learning experience.
- Engage learners by providing an immersive environment, or by stimulating senses